SRAM Test Technician – Chicago and Indianapolis $50k+ Sept 6, 2022 16:15:37 GMT -6
Post by garychiu on Sept 6, 2022 16:15:37 GMT -6
Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ people in 15+ locations across 15+ countries.
SRAM is looking for a Test Technician to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab.
Not all SRAM technicians are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
Test Technician Job Description
The Chicago test technician’s primary responsibility is to execute tests per test engineer work orders. There are 2 positions: one is based in Chicago IL at SRAM’s headquarters and the other at our Zipp office in Indianapolis, IN. For the Chicago position, the test technician will be working with the product development team to test AXS rear deraileur and shifter products. For the Indianapolis position, the test technician will be working with the product development team to test Zipp carbon wheels.
• Perform testing of electro-mechanical systems and/or carbon wheel systems.
• Operate test equipment and set up test stands and machines.
• Interpret and provide accurate data to test requesters.
• Partner with test engineers to develop new tests.
• Organize and maintain lab space, equipment, tools, and supplies.
• Identify and implement improvements for test lab processes and fixtures.
• Apply Lean principles to improve test operations efficiency and effectiveness.
• Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
• Experience in testing, mechanics, electronics, or a related field.
• High school diploma.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Experience in laboratory, customer service or team-oriented environment
Please click here to apply:
For any questions, please contact Ron Semba at [email protected]
For any questions, please contact Gary Chiu at [email protected]