Bent Up Cycles is a specialty bike shop looking for a talented mechanic to work full-time. We've been here in Los Angeles for 18 years and specialize in the exotic, odd, and specialty builds! From Rohloff to AXS, we are always doing something new. We love bikes and turning people on to the joy of cycling, specifically recumbent bikes and trikes.
We are by appointment, so you never need to worry about being overwhelmed with walk-in customers in the shop.
Paid vacation and sick time
Very small staff
Will send you to UBI after the first year on the job
- Be proficient in bicycle repair, including adjusting derailleurs, working with all manner of brakes, headset and bottom bracket installation, wheel truing and building, critical thinking and problem solving. Mechanics with more skills will earn more.
- Computer proficient to learn Lightspeed Point of Sale and basic calendar/scheduling programs.
- Patience and an open mind with the ability to work with all kinds of customers. You must be able to communicate clearly. Most of our customers are first-time riders and need a lot of hand-holding and explanation.
- Egalitarian. Must be tolerant of all people, genders, races, points of view.
- Must be able to regularly lift 35ish pounds. We require team lifting for heavy stuff, but there may be times where you need lift bikes.